It wasn't that easy. I did spend three months in New Zealand without a job - well much of a job. I discovered the art of entertaining oneself while doing absolutely nothing. I didn't even resort to Farmville, become a boy racer, or get knocked up.
I went bushwalking without fear of snakes, I survived Auckland's public transport and a weekend of sheep and shearing in Te Kuiti.
| Definitely only vines |
| The flock descends down SH 3 |
I even made it to my flight despite Brett's best attempts at depriving me of sleep with threats of vomiting in bed.
Just as importantly, my bank account survived a long weekend of wining, dining and a little worse-for-wear sightseeing in Melbourne.
And even a few beers out in Perth. My face suffered as a result (although new photographic evidence suggests this may be karma from my very un-rythmytic abuse of Ricky's drums) but plastic surgery in Asia is always an option... Oh the possibilities of Asia's medical tourism... Imagination is good company on any Air Asia flight.
So now with 17kg of my life I head back to Malaysia for one last week to eat to my heart's content, sweat up a storm, and lounge about on a decent beach. I do not have high hopes for British summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment