Arrival: 13 November
Raining, but not flooding.
Local cuisine made up for it. But Brett was pretty excited to discover Troy on HBO. Moto blister getting further irritated. Feilding comments from locals and other tourists on my moto inexperience.
Not a highlight.
Departure: 14 November
Hoi An.
Raining, and flooding. But unlike Hué, there was character. Despite the damp clothes, damp room and damp spirits at first, we enjoyed the city even with the flooding. We weren't the only tourists braving the weather (spot the poncho)! We wandered around the Old City and waded through the markets, previously next to the river, now in it.
We looked in the shops but didn't buy much (a replacement watch was in order... here's hoping it survives longer than the last one) - my only restraint has come from the fact that I have to carry what I buy... I miss deep draws I can pile new clothes in.
I discovered that jandels are the best wet weather item and that sometimes one oversized green rain jacket just doesn't cut it - you need a bright orange poncho and an oversized green rain jacket.
And even when you are wearing a bright orange poncho and an oversized green rain jacket someone will still try and sell you an umbrella.
Departure: 15 November
Nha Trang.
Arrival: 16 November
Not good for sunbathing.
Not good for island hopping.
Not good for snorkelling.
Not good for much, but eating and drinking.
Departure: 18 November
No comments:
Post a Comment